Friday, May 11, 2012

life lately.

Long time since a blog and I'm sorry sorry sorry to you faithful 5 readers, haha!

My life has been opportunity after opportunity and blessing after blessing these days, and I'm happy to report that I am fully funded to go to EcuadorThank you, sincerely, to all who donated and prayed.  Please keep praying for our team!  I'm so incredibly excited about this trip and all that we will experience while loving on those sweet people.  I've also transitioned roles at work and am now functioning in my new position.  It's a lot to grasp, but things are going well and yes yes yes, I have an office with a window once again.  THAT is a blessing.

I also was able to go to Florida a couple of weeks ago and see my sweet newlywed friends Ty & Bekah for some much needed R&R and laugh and fellowship time.  I really really want to move back to Florida, and I believe one day it will happen, but for now...Boone is home.

 

It's also a time for goodbyes.  I have never been good at goodbyes.  They always make me emotional.  BUT I know they have to happen.  Last week I said goodbye to my sweet friend Brooke.  Brooke has the most beautiful heart and in our time as student friends and post-college work friends she has blessed me in every single way possible.  I'm thankful for the afternoon walks, the talks including her incredible wisdom and encouragement and the way that she could be real with me like no one else.  She created her own holiday, so forever live on in my office Brooke Davis day! 


Also, one of the sweetest and most hilarious additions to the past four years of my life and especially to the praise team aspect of it is leaving to do HUGE things for the Kingdom this weekend.  So much love to Anna "Ann-tuh" Wilcox!  What a blessing you have been in my life and in the lives of so many here in Boone!  We are proud of you and happy to see you doing big things but so grieved to see you leave. 


This next week marks a lot of big things for me.  I'm growing up fully as the biggest blessing of my time at SP is leaving this office and moving into dream life & marriage with another wonderful life friend of mine.  That means no more resource for questions, but I'm excited because I know that I was clearly called to this new position for a reason...flying solo will be a learning experience for me, but is bound to bless me.

I'll leave you with my favorite vocal warm up from the days of the Alt-anator: F-R-I-D-A-Y, F-R-I-D-A-Y, Fridayyyy, Fridayyyy, my favorite day of the week!  Happy Friday, friends :)

No comments: