Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday.

Today I'm in a listing mood -- you're probably thankful, because lists are short (most of the time) and easy to follow.  I'm just going to share my brain with you: 
  1. I slept for 9 hours last night and, after a weekend full of meetings and craziness, I am so thankful (and I'm sure my co-workers are too).
  2. I recently had this stirring in my heart to start a corporate prayer opportunity in my office (I wouldn't share this with everyone but since you're obviously only reading this if you love me, you can know).  Stay tuned, but I believe that favor WILL change my boss' mind about letting me do it, and I believe that the Kingdom WILL come to Samaritan's Purse.  Praise.
  3. For the first time in my life (really?  yes really), I canceled cable today.  I know -- you can think what you want.  But this is HUGE.  I'm trying to get serious about being a good steward of my finances and TV just isn't that big of a deal (except for the Olympics...but we'll cross that bridge when we get there)
  4. I've raised $775 (from the pure generosity of others) to date for Ecuador.  I'm getting really excited about this trip and know that the Lord hasn't even opened the floodgates yet.  Also, have I mentioned that the team I'm traveling with is perfect?  Yeah, they're perfect for this opportunity.  Look at God. 
  5. There's this game called signs...if you've ever had the honor of playing with me you know just how good I am at this game...If you ever have to play with me, I'm sorry :)  I only mention this because it was the comedic relief of my weekend.  You have to be able to laugh at yourself right?
  6. Lately, I've been really really missing Greensboro.  I have no idea why, don't really have ties there anymore except for my parents.  BUT, I'm going home this week for 3 days and Easter for the first time in at least 6 years.  Praying that I come back refreshed.
  7. Have I mentioned how awesome of a church I go to?  Last week (Wednesday) this guy just stood up in the middle of service asking to be saved and we saw all kinds of miracles happen after that moment.  Yesterday, we saw the Kingdom for real in the healing and restoring of hearts and spontaneous sharing of testimonies.  I am so thankful to serve in an active and Jesus believing house. 
  8. I've been rollerblading a lot lately -- again, think what you want.  It's awesome. 
  9. In 24 days I will be landing on the tarmac in St. Petersburg, Florida and from there will spend 3 glorious days at the beach, with incredible friends and taking a respite from normal life.  Much needed & much anticipated!
  10. I speak a lot about how great my Pastor is (and HE IS great still), but today I've been overwhelmed with how blessed I am to be on the worship team and how wonderful of a worship leader we are all under.  He's talented and encouraging.  But beyond that, he loves Jesus first and makes that the main point of the team.  We're good not because we're the best singers and musicians on the planet, but we're good because our eyes are focused.  What an honor to serve with those kind of people.
  11. Scarf season is officially (pretty much) over due to rapid heat waves caused by global warming or some other unidentifiable cause.  Who knows why it's hot so early.  Anyway, my point is that I don't know what I'm going to wear without scarves being a daily addition to my outfits.  Feel free to offer your input. 
This post is such a reflection of my random thoughts of today.  Here's to hoping that days are brighter, joy comes forward, and you are filled with love today!  I love you guys a lot.  Thanks for reading :)

No comments: