Monday, April 9, 2012

unpredictably awesome.

What an awesome weekend!  Celebrating the resurrection of a savior who gave his life so that we might have life...I don't care who you are or where you are, there's comfort in knowing that you're redeemed by a God who loves you!  That's encouragement in the highest form.

This weekend was full of relaxation and restoration and celebration from start to finish.  I just wanted to share a little bit with you.  Thankfully, we had Friday off, so I headed down the mountain to Greensboro to be with my family and friends.  First was a great coffee date with my dad...we needed a good conversation and I was very glad to spend time with him sharing about my job (he actually wasn't sure what I did) and sharing about Jesus and love.  Friday night, my roommate and I and a great friend from high school and some of his family all went to the Greensboro Grasshoppers game.  It was so fun (and I had to redeem myself by making it through a game without getting super sick...shoutout to you BDK :))

 Potentially my favorite moment of the drive.
 Dad date :)
Grasshoppers game in beautiful downtown

Saturday, I spent the whole day with my mom helping her around the house and just spending some time catching her up on my life, my job and Ecuador.  I am so excited about my summer mission in Ecuador and had to get mom on board!  Then I got to spend some time Saturday night with my aunt over dinner and great conversation.  I am so thankful for a supportive family who loves me. 

My mom's sweet little house...I will forever love this place.

Next is by far the most exciting story of my weekend.  I was at church with my mom and brother (which was awesome and shouldn't be discounted!) and my phone rang.  It was Natalie...I thought it was a really odd time for her to be calling, but we sometimes talk early too so I just let it ring to voicemail and said I'd call her back after church.  I took my time really not thinking too much about it, but was in for some exciting news when I did return her call.  She could barely contain her excitement as she told me that she and Chipper had just gotten ENGAGED!!!!  I remember the first time I met Chipper and never from that night would I have guessed they'd be here, but I couldn't be more glad!  I am fortunate to love him and not be able to think of a better future husband for my best friend!  I can't wait to put all those months of pinterest-ing (haha see Nat, it paid off :)) wedding stuff into action for her big day!  Sometimes you just can't predict how awesome things will really be.

I love how excited they are in this one :)
Love you guys!  Congratulations!!

Here's a quick Ecuador update since I promised to keep you updated:  I'm about $1200 from my goal and getting more and more excited about the trip (I'm still in need of financial support...if you'd like to give a donation of any size please visit the "Donate" tab above).  The Lord has been preparing my heart in unreal ways and teaching me a lot about love and his ministry through the simple loving and serving of others.  I was able to sit down Thursday evening with two of my fellow team members and strategize some prayer and fundraising ideas and we've got some really great ideas (soon to become concrete plans) going.  I've also had two really great friends see God show up in INCREDIBLE ways financially this week and know that as he's preparing them for their trips to India he will continue to work through my team and prepare us as well for Ecuador.

I know this is a long blog (I'm a talker and there are lots of exciting things going on), thanks for sticking with me!  Have a wonderful day and be blessed this week!

No comments: