Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday. Ecuador. Blessings.

This is just a blog full of the most sincere gratitude to every person reading, every person who thinks about reading, and every person who will never see it.  I am so humbled and grateful to serve a God who not only provides for my needs but meets my desires and sends me to love on others.  What an incredible assignment!

I'm even grateful for today's April 23rd snow in Boone!  Yes, even grateful for it, though my heart loves and longs for consistent spring weather!

A little over a week ago I needed about $1000 to meet my financial obligation to be able to serve in Ecuador.  Today, I'm so excited to announce that I am just $580 short dollars and 12 days away from my deadline!  PRAISE JESUS!  It's seriously an incredible thing to believe the Lord for a LOT of money to be able to fulfill the mission He's set before me and to recognize that it's not about money at all, it's all about HIM.  Friends, I am out of my mind at the way our team has been provided for, blessed and is being abundantly prepared to love on and impact lives in Ecuador.  Hallelujah!

So far our team has seen blessings in these ways:
  • Every person on our team has been hand-picked and is strong, outgoing and encouraging.  These traits are going to be so necessary as we share Jesus through dramas and encouragement on street corners in Quito.
  • Every person has a heart that believes God for the necessary things.  We'd be naive to not admit that we need financial support.  But we need prayer support more than finances, and every team member has been committed thus far to lifting our team and trip up in prayer consistently.
  • Every member also believes God for the seemingly impossible things (i.e. $2,000 per person in the next 12 days)...and he is responding to our faith!
  • We've seen the Lord move in incredible ways through unconventional people, even people who don't know or love Jesus...isn't he AWESOME?
  • We are all excited and anxiously awaiting June 30th!
  • I have never served with a team of people who have been more open-minded toward a move of God!  We don't know what to expect but we are all expecting and that is a blessing to be corporately in tune with the Holy Spirit!
Please continue to be in serious prayer for our team.  Please pray that all financial needs will be met.  Please pray that we will strategically meet people even now that will pour into our team necessary skills and wisdom needed to serve in Ecuador.  Please agree with us that this thing is NOT about money and please pray that our hearts continue to be fully invested in Jesus.  Please pray for our ongoing health and strength as we prepare to serve.  Finally, please pray that we continue to enjoy and encourage each other as we get ready to embark on this life-changing adventure.

So much love to you all!  You're a blessing.

[Destination Ecuador:  Departing in 67 days]

No comments: