Tuesday, April 17, 2012

on faithfulness & blessings.

Terrific Tuesday and I'm exceedingly blessed!  I don't know if you've ever noticed this or not, but I've begun seeing that everywhere in the Bible where the Lord talks about blessing, sustaining, providing, honoring and encouraging his words are literal.  They're also timeless.  Those words may have been written a lot of years ago, but those promises are timeless.  I've been learning that God and his timing are perfect in every way but also can't be put in a box.

Let me share a story:  One month or so ago I was approached about a possible job opportunity and asked whether or not I'd be interested.  The person in the position currently has done a phenomenal job, but is leaving to get married and start and awesome new season of life!  I thought about it and my honest initial reaction was that though it would be a dream to move into that position, my qualifications were far less that what was required.  I am too young, too inexperienced professionally...blah blah blah.  I immediately looked at my lack instead of my abundance.  Also, I was the assistant to this position when I first started and I saw/heard just how challenging on a daily basis this position was.  I didn't trust myself, I didn't believe in my ability, I was nervous, I wasn't trusting God.  Isn't it interesting that the Lord doesn't measure us by our thoughts and intentions?  He blesses us based on our God-given potential and he always shows off!

Well, after a long time of prayer and talking to a few very trusted and wise colleagues and friends, I heard from the Lord that I should pursue the position.  That was last Wednesday (yes, 6 days ago).  I mentioned my intentions to my boss and the process flew and yesterday I was promoted!  I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little bit anxious, just because there are some really big shoes to fill, BUT I know that my God is faithful.  Faithful ALWAYS.  He never places you where you aren't capable of being.  He never challenges you to something that you cannot complete.  He never blesses you where you can't sustain the blessing.  He is an all loving, all powerful, all grace-filled, all compassionate God!  His faithfulness cannot be matched, challenged or comprehended. 

I am blessed!  It would be almost foolish to list out all of the good things the Lord has done because he never stops doing good things!

I'm really excited as I continue to sow seeds of faith and see the Lord move!

Ecuador:  Two weeks away from my fundraising deadline and $1000 to go!  God can do anything and I know that He'll make this happen too!  If you'd like to partner with me and my team, please visit the "Donate" tab right above this post!  74 days until departure...wow!

2 comments:

Cannon said...

Congratulations on the promotion, Laura! I'm sure you will be a blessing to many lives in your new position, just as you always have been. I'm glad with God's help you are recognizing your immense potential.

Ashley Mac said...

Super Proud and so excited for you. Thank you for sharing the things God is doing, you are truly a light and encouragement to me
<3