Sunday, June 3, 2012

appropriate & becoming

I've been a negligent blogger these days and I'm sorry!  No excuses -- I'm just sorry.  BUT, here I am :)

Wow, what a few weeks it has been.  Our Ecuador team has been preparing hardcore with a yard sale and a coffee fundraiser and weekly meetings and drama practices to go and love on Ecuador.  27 days from today we will be leaving to impact lives and be impacted.  A few weeks ago, my friend Joy was wearing this shirt that said "I need Africa more than Africa needs me."  I have been really feeling and believing lately that yes, we are called to go and pray for and impact a nation and lead them to the feet of Jesus where they can find forgiveness, love and everything that they need, but we also NEED to go there to be impacted, to strengthen our faith (this is a big one), to experience the love and joy and freedom that is available in Ecuador and to see the Lord move as only he can while we are in Ecuador.

So that being said, here are a few Team Ecuador prayer requests:

  • pray that every dollar will be raised, we still are slightly short as a team.
  • pray for our hearts to be open and for us to be committed to doing and saying what the Lord wants us to.
  • pray that we begin to love each other even more than we do now.
  • pray against offense and frustration in ANY area or arena pertaining to the trip.
  • pray for traveling safety and health.  especially healthy stomachs.  seriously.
  • pray for fear to subside in every area that it is trying to manifest.  we are anxious for nothing.
  • pray for us to yield 100% to the holy spirit and that we would be vessels committed to transformation in ourselves and in others.
I'm excited because TODAY I get to go back to Boone -- seriously my heart is in that place.  I've been home for 5 days with my mom who is seriously sick (please throw up a prayer for her if you're reading this).  You don't really realize how much you depend on someone's health until they are literally disabled...also, hospitals are no fun.  BUT every day we are seeing improvements over the last day, I just talked to her on the phone and she's actually starting to sound more like my normal mom, so that is a blessing.  Mom has surgery Tuesday morning (we think), so just pray for it to be the least invasive it can possibly be and for the doctor's to have wisdom and precision that surpasses their own.  I'm going home (to Boone) for (hopefully) a week to work and coming down again next weekend I believe to get her discharged and HOME!!!  Yay!

In this time I've really recognized that Godly strength is key to maintaining faith and resisting fear.  I hate that it had to be an issue with a person so connected to my heart, but I'm thankful that I serve a God who loves, a God who heals, a God who has a plan in place already and a God who has every resource available.  What a MIGHTY God we serve!  

Yesterday I was reading and in Psalm 33 I found a verse that talked about praise being appropriate and becoming for those with hearts in right standing with God.  Oh for my praise to be the most becoming thing about me, that is my life's goal.

Looking forward to a great week filled with grace and love and Jesus :)

No comments: