Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Weekend of Blessing

I'm not much of a blog updater when it comes to every small detail of my life, but I just wanted to share about how faithful the Lord has been lately, especially when it comes to my family.  Going home isn't ever overly exciting for me, and I've really been praying that the Lord increase my capacity to love and fill my heart with Kingdom grace.  The fruit of this prayer hasn't been all easy and joyful, it's been challenging -- and to be honest, I haven't responded with the grace that I've been diligently praying for.  After this weekend, I'm finally seeking after the Lord's increase in my life, and it's changed my perspective in all kinds of ways.  All that being said, this last time of family and fellowship was one of the most blessed.  Just a simple, quiet thanksgiving with my mom and brother and some sweet time with dad, followed by lots of fun with the greatest friends.  I'm really blessed and couldn't ask for more. 

The weekend in pictures --


My sweet brother cooking some delicious turkey for mom & I.  Proud of him and how he's just stepped up to the plate.


Beautiful mom cooking the rest of our delicious meal -- It's amazing that for having a mom that's such a good cook, I really struggle cooking.  Big shoes to fill, I guess!



On Friday, I went to Raleigh to spend some time with my roommate and her wonderful family and I was completely honored to share in tree decorating tradition with them.  This wasn't ever a big deal in my house, so it was so cool to see how special it was for their family, nevermind to be invited to be a part of it.


Saturday morning, I shared in the most wonderful coffee/breakfast with Liz and her mom and friends.  I just wanted to share this picture because the coffee looked cool and tasted way better than it looks.



Then I traveled over a little farther to go to the NC State game with my old roommate and some of her friends.  It was seriously one of the best football games I've ever seen, and I'm thankful that I made the trip.


What weekend of gratefulness wouldn't be complete without meeting a celebrity?  Okay, so this is the only one I've ever met, but I've been thankful before.  Anyway, Sarah and I went up into the box with her boyfriend's mom for a second just to check it out and lo and behold, Scotty McCreery was also in our box.  What a cool kid who is doing big things in this state.  And yes, his celeb status made me incredibly nervous.

So thankful just for an opportunity to create unforgettable memories with family & friends!  That's something that I definitely don't take for granted!  I'm seriously so blessed.

No comments: